The years when smartphones just entered our lives brought many applications and platforms with them, causing these platforms to compete with each other. An internet platform was created for almost every audience and people created memberships on every platform. Slack , one of the most suitable platforms for teamwork, came into our lives in 2013 and became the working platform of many users.
After a while, people realized that they subscribed to too many platforms and did not use most of them. However, it is a fact that they are uncomfortable with the presence of their personal data on platforms they do not use. Slack, which is getting more and more popular every day, has 12 million active users. But you may not be using the Slack app anymore and you may want to close your account. So how to delete Slack account? Let’s see together.
How to Delete Slack Account?
- First, log into your Slack account.
- Then click on your profile photo on the right.
- Select the “Profile” option.
- Click on the “three dots” button below.
- Select “Account settings”.
- Go to the bottom of the page that opens.
- There will be a “deactive account” option.
- In the section found, click on the section called “delete the workspace”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the newly opened page.
- Click the “Delete Workspace” button.
- Accept the agreement on the page that opens.
- Enter your Slack password on the corresponding button.
- Click the “Yes, delete my workspace” button.
- Click “OK” in the window that opens in your browser.
- The transaction will be completed.
Although the Slack application is used by many companies in Turkey, it does not provide Turkish language support. This gives it a big disadvantage compared to its competitors. The platform, created by a Canadian developer, is named after; It is an abbreviation of the phrase “Searchable Log of All Conversation and Knowledge”. The Turkish meaning is: It means a searchable diary of all speech and information. Like every platform in the virtual world, Slack also compromised user data exposed to cyber attacks.